CGI is the World’s 5th largest independent IT and business process services company. We provide high-end business and IT Consulting, Systems Integration and IT & Business Management services. CGI has over 100+ IP-based business solutions in 40 countries spanning Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecommunications, Utilities and Oil & Gas.
We offer our clients energy-efficient green data centers, cloud computing and managed security services, all supported by a unique enterprise service management toolset. In addition, CGI's global delivery model, wide range of solutions, and contract terms provide clients with flexibility and choice in an ever-changing market.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• As a senior network planner, act as prime intake for solution design, evaluating incoming business requests, assess timing and technical skills required to deliver both standard offerings and customized technical solutions
• Understand designs, specifications and work plans that meet or exceed established business and technical design requirements, approved architecture and technical standards, quality assurance, service levels, and continuous improvement goals.
• Scheduling / planning and estimation based on understanding commonly deployed technical solutions
• Stakeholder communications/engagement
• Understand technical skills/personnel within the design team, to optimize work / task assignment
• Work proactively & independently
• Being able to work in an agile environment and with remote teams
Previous experience working in an infrastructure solution design role, including:
Supporting a Technical Design Authority:
• Bring a solid understanding of current best practices and industry standards
• Participate in Technical Assurance Review meetings – providing review feedback, recommendations, required actions, and approvals.
• Ensure solution designs are compliant with target architectures and standards and meet stated functional and non-functional requirements
• Build, review and maintain technical standards in conjunction with Operations, Solution Design, Architecture, and Enterprise Architecture.
• Evaluate technical deviations from current standards, present technical deviation recommendations to stakeholders, and provide final approval for all technical deviations.
• Research select and deploy the best applicable technology for systems development/maintenance and production Operations
• Identify impacts to existing infrastructure capacity
• Evaluate non-functional characteristics including performance, availability, scalability, resilience
• Review environments for production and non-production (development, test, QA, training) and provide recommendations for on-going improvement and sustainability
• Work with Operations to ensure delivered solutions are supportable, serviceable and meet business requirements & SLA’s.
• Identify software licensing impacts (where relevant)
• Ensure changes to existing services are made in a controlled manner: i.e. include impact assessment in consultation with the business and technical owners, regression testing of any impacted systems, and planned migration into production
• Install, configure and troubleshoot infrastructure, applications and software.
• Implement and document system administration procedures for Operations coverage and end users
• Determine configuration procedures for development team.
• Maintain and update standards in configurations and optimize system designs.
• Design and architect new systems and support tools solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum seven (7) years of experience in broad infrastructure support and network solution design in Enterprise environments
• Excellent knowledge of enterprise architecture and solution architecture concepts, values, methodologies, and differentiators in the data network domain
• Minimum seven (7) years working experience in a Solution Design position dealing with enterprise level data network solutions, preferably in the Oil & Gas sector
• Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation
• Ability to implement complex business solutions according to technical and financial requirements
• Detail-oriented in reporting
• Ability to communicate to different level people (technical and business)
• Ability to consolidate and organize information
• Ability to make clear decisions according to key elements
• Wide knowledge in the area of Telecommunications, OSI model and Network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, BGP, OSPF, QoS and CoS, etc.)
• Extensive knowledge of Networks (LAN and WAN) and Telecommunications: (QoS, microwave radio, MPLS, L2 WAN, DWDM, VOD)
• In-depth knowledge of administration and management of Network- and Voice-related systems
• Experience in SAP GWOS
• Experience in agile projects
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of wireless technologies
• Load balancing (BigIP/F5)
• VPN Technology (IPsec, remote access solutions towards different client sites)
• Knowledge of firewall and security technologies: Checkpoint FW1, Cisco ASA/PIX, Cisco IOS Firewall
• Technical certifications (Cisco, Juniper, Avaya) an asset
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.