IAM Overview is one of many services from CGI in the area of Identity and Access Management. The IAM Overview Service is a general Identity and Access Management survey and a good first step to get in control of the IAM area within an organization. Regardless if the aim is efficiency or compliance fulfillment, the IAM Overview gives the organization a starting point on how to approach the IAM area. After completing the IAM Overview, a comprehensive current situation report and maturity grade is provided together with prioritized incentives and goals for the IAM area. CGI’s IAM Overview Service results in a customized roadmap and recommendations on possible further steps towards achieving the established objectives and goals.
A SMALL INITIATIVE - A BIG STEP FORWARD!
In the experience of CGI, there are a number of complications when it comes to creating a common IAM view within an organization. Some of the challenges are:
- A fragmented picture of the IAM area and vague common objectives
- Challenging to take full advantage of investment in the IAM area
- Challenging to evaluate the correct effort in order to increase the business benefits and efficiency
- Challenging to get the involved parties to understand their roles and responsibilities
- Challenging to get the involved parties to work together toward common goals
- Challenging to live up to and fulfill compliance to regulatory requirements and laws
IAM Overview is a service to perform a general survey of Identity and Access Management within an organization to get an outline of the current situation within the area. The following is investigated and defined:
- Maturity Grade
- Prioritized Drivers
The result of the IAM Overview is presented in a set of recommendationts together with a customized roadmap for how to continue the work within the IAM area.
The CGI IAM Overview is established on:
- CGI Best Practice
- Enterprise Architecture principles